Apologies that there was no book club in April – I ended up getting very busy with client commitment and had to go overseas frequently.
So what have I been reading this month?
The Art of Influence is written by Chris Widener and published by Doubleday.
I don’t always like the use of a parable to describe business related topics. However, in this instance, Chris uses the process to great effect.
A self assured young business school graduate gets the opportunity to spend the weekend with one of the wealthiest and most successful businessmen in the world. Through this experience, he learns the lessons of a lifetime.
The golden rules of influence are;
1. live a life of undivided integrity
2. always demonstrate a positive attitude
3. consider other people’s interest as more important than your own
4. don’t settle for anything less than excellence
5. character is more important than skill
A really easy read that gets you thinking